The National Institute for Legislative and Democratic Studies (NILDS) National Quiz Competition is an educational programme aimed at increasing awareness about the role of the legislature in the nation’s democracy.
NILDS began this competitive quiz series in 2016, and has successfully conducted six (6) quiz competitions within the F.C.T.
About the Competition
All Senior Secondary Schools, public and private (registered) in Nigeria are eligible and Entry is FREE
- To promote continued public education about the legislature and good governance among the citizens of Nigeria;
- To educate and sensitize Nigerian youths/general public on the legislative process;
- To promote and reward pursuit of excellence in legislative endeavour;
- Challenge and stimulate secondary school students on national matters; and
- Encourage continued participation in the study of legislative matters in schools at sub-national and national levels.
- The competition would be conducted at four (4) levels as follows:
- Senatorial districts;
- State levels;
- Geo-Political Zonal levels;
- National level
- Nine (9) schools would compete at the State level.
- Each participating school is to be represented by 2 participants.
- Winners from each State meet at the Geopolitical Zone
- Winners at the Geopolitical zone represent each zone at the finals in Abuja.
- Budget and Appropriation
- Legislative practice and procedure/Bills process
- ECOWAS/Parliament and International Organizations
- National Assembly: Structure, Conduct and Performances
- Legislative Oversight and NILDS
- Constitution and Governance
- Nigerian Economy
- INEC, Elections and Political Parties
- Social Media and ICT
- Human Rights and Social Justice